Saturday, April 20, 2013

A night at the theatre


Front row tickets!  That's what you get when your Mum works with one of the actors!!  

I left Leigh at home with the kids tonight and went out with my parents to an amateur theatre production.  I have to say I very much enjoyed the sherry beforehand and the light supper of chicken, salad and dips afterwards.  The play was enjoyable too, very funny in fact!  Good value for $25 a ticket!

The evening brought back memories of school productions.  My friend who now lives further away than whoop-whoop, (you know the one with the fiancé), she and I were in the high school production together in year 12.  We only had one scene, but we thought we owned that play!  Good memories!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha ha Bec, was it really only one scene? I thought it was all about us.. wasn't it called "Sheik, Rattle & The Harem Girls?" ha ha ha. It's the only reason anyone came to see it- we DID own that play! Very good memories- I remember Mum & Dad bought us genie lamps and a pack of tim tams! ha!

Rebecca said...

I still have my genie lamp but unfortunately the packet of Tim Tams did run out!