Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Visiting Papa



We popped in on my Papa today. He has been moved into higher care over the past few months.  You may remember our last visit to Nana and Papa's place, I wrote about it here. The day after that photo was taken things went down hill so I am even more grateful that the boys and I were able to spend that time with them both that day. 

The boys were lovely with Papa today.  They both explored his room.  Jack liked Papa's bed and was very impressed that he had a TV in his room!  He asked me later if he could have a TV in his room too.  I think, not!  We brought some of Jack's kinder artwork to put on Papa's wall.  One was of a car and the other was a treasure map with a person and a few 'x' that mark the spot of hidden pirate treasure! Of course with all the exploration of Papa's room, someone knocked the emergency alarm.  Oops!  The nurse was nice about it though.

After our visit today with Papa, went walked down the hill to visit Nana, but she wasn't home.  She must have been out painting somewhere.  We will have to come back another day.  

I really like that Jack knows these two special people.  He calls them by name and talks about Papa and Nana-Bet.

No comments: