Monday, April 22, 2013

Story time and the MSO


The Ivanhoe Library's story time was brought to life with a double bass quartet from the MSO today. I was keen to take the boys when I heard about it as I thought it was an opportunity to give them some 'culture'.  Jack was impressed with the 'big volins' and a little bit afraid of them too.  Lachlan seemed to take it all in as well. And with a constant stream of food, the boys stayed quiet and within arms reach for the whole performance. 

After story time was finished, the kids were invited to have a closer look at the instruments.  Jack was very hesitant, but I was insistent that we get a picture of him and Goldie for the Kinder book.  So here we have Goldie having a go at playing the double bass.  I think this picture will be perfect for Goldie's book!

Mum had brought Nana-Bet to story time and afterwards we ended up at Mum and Dad's for a cuppa.  Jack played with Nana-Bet's walking stick, even getting Nana (my Mum) to stand up while he pretended to play her like a double bass using the walking stick as his bow!  The morning must have made a good impression on him!  

No comments: