Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dinner time fun


Jack made pizza for himself and Lachlan for dinner tonight.  It was a big day so something that had a chance of being consumed was needed.

We had swimming at 9am this morning!  Crazy I tell you!  It's rare that I am dressed by 9am, more likely I am covered in porridge, still in my pj's and waiting for Lachlan to go down for his morning nap so I can plonk Jack in front of play school while I shower.   So the fact I had the three of us ready and out of the house before 8:30am is next to a miracle! Then there was a short stop at the shops for a few last minute supplies for Jack's first day of kinder tomorrow, then home for lunch.  A quick tidy up before our old next door neighbours came over for a visit, followed by an impromptu visit from my sister and before you know it we're at dinner time!

But we made it!  Pizza was consumed, children were bathed, milk was drunk, stories were read and after a few objections all is quiet.  I think early starts and busy days is a taste of what the year ahead is going to be like.  I think it will be good!


No comments: