Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Me Today


I am taking inspiration from http://projectlife365.com/blog/  They have daily challenges to help you be creative with your photos.  Today is "you today" or in my case, "me today".  

As for me today I was at the beach with my boys.  Yes I know this photo is not of me, but really once you have kids is it ever about you anymore?  

This is Jack, my big 3 and a half year old inspecting a crab.  The hand belongs to his Dad, my husband, Leigh.  We scrambled over the rock pools at Flinders this morning, looking at shells, sea snails and crabs.  Jack was looking for pirate treasure, but had no luck!  

So for me today I like being a mum.  I like rediscovering the simple things of childhood with my boys. I like that on Christmas day I heard Jack gasp with joy when he saw that Santa had brought him a bike!  I like that his imagination is growing, that he makes up stories and songs and dances.  That sometimes he is Superman and other times we are all part of Toy Story, escaping the evil plan of Zurg. I like that he brings me flowers and pretty leaves from the garden as gifts for his mum.  I like that he challenges me to think that picking up snails, worms and pieces of jelly fish is cool rather than yucky! I like that today I was there for his first exploration of rock pools, even if there was no pirate treasure!  

For me today, I'm a mum who knows she is blessed.

No comments: