Sunday, February 17, 2013

Anniversary



11 years today!

On Saturday the 16th of February, 2002 I said "I do" to the man of my dreams!  And the tall, dark hair and handsome man said "I do" too!!

I remember walking down the isle, thinking to myself, 'remember to smile, remember to smile'.  I'd seen too many petrified brides walk down the isle before me.  I also remember the moment I said, "I do" as I thought to myself, 'are you sure?'   Yes, I was sure.   And it wasn't as if I had second thoughts, I just wanted to make sure I remembered the moment I promised a life time.  Sure it hasn't always been smooth sailing, but how good is an achievement without a few challenges and bumps along the way?

In years past we have celebrated with candle lit dinners, weekends away, and spa treats.  But these days it's a bit different.  In the morning we celebrated a friends 4 year old daughter's birthday at a farm out in 'whoop-whoop'. We did manage a special dinner at home where we swapped gifts in between coercing the young ones to finish their meals.  Then in the evening I left Leigh at home with the boys to celebrate my aunty's 60th birthday.  I had planned to come home and write this post, but didn't quite make it!  What mother of two comes home after midnight from a 60th????


No comments: